Thursday, February 16, 2006

Failure - We're not perfect

My dreaest person told me that his computer got crashed on him!
I know how frustrated, disappointed, and angry he could've been now.
I've experienced things like that before.
But only with my work documents stored all up in a computer.
I can't imagine the feelings he must have felt,
when it died on him when he got all his work/personal stuff
saved in his computer.

We're so depending on our computer, and
I know we think, when it died on us, it's the end of the world.
We so belive that our computer is our best friend, and
because we love it so much, personally attached to it,
it would be so hard to forgive it for failing on us.
We ended up feeling so betrayed, and
we feel like we can't really trust it again the way we used to.
That sounds weird, but doesn't that sound familiar?
We feel exactly the same towards the one we feel love to, right?

I love my computer, and I think HE knows it.
HE's been really good to me because our relationship is just about 8 months or so.
I met HIM in the summer of 2005, and I instantly fell in love with HIM.
I couldn't stop thinking about HIM, I had to touch HIM every chance I got, and
finally I had to have HIM.
Love at a first sight, deep connection, and strong force to keep us together,
blah, blah, blah...

This evening, I was watching the very last episode of the Sex and The City DVD.
The main character Carrie said something to her Russian artist
when she had been abondoned and left alone in Paris for weeks.
What she said made me open up my eyes and made me look at my life now.
She said, "Maybe it's time to think who I am.
I am someone who is looking for love, real love, ridiculous, inconvenient,
consuming, 'can't live each other' love.
And I don't think that love is here, in this expensive suite,
in this lovely hotel in Paris. It's not your fault; it's my fault.
I shouldn't have come here."

That's exactly what I feel.
I can't become something that I am not.
I shouldn't try to become something that I am not.
I can't deny and I shouldn't feel sorry about me having two cultures in me.
I can't pretend that I am NOT a little Japanese girl who would be satisfied
and even happy about being a supporting actress in my love's life.
Am I too greedy?

No comments: